Shopping Assistant - FAQs about our products
Linda, Customer Service Supervisor
On this page you'll find the answers to frequently asked questions about our products.
In This Section
- What are the dimensions of the tapered end of the cushion?
- Do you sell cushions with gripper pads?
- Do you sell cushions that aren't tufted?
- Do you sell bench pads or bench cushions?
- Do you use fire retardant chemicals or flame retardant sprays?
- Do you use all natural latex?
- Are your products treated with a stain remover? Can I treat them with Scotchguard?
- What are the Care Instructions? How do you wash them?
- Where can I find information about the fabric content?
- How do I know which items are safe to use outdoors?
- How do I purchase Gift Cards?
What are the dimensions of the tapered end of the cushion?
The distance between the ties at the rear of the seat cushion is usually about 5" narrower than the front of the seat cushion. The width of the rocking chair back-rest cushion is usually about 2" narrower across the bottom than across the top.See more product dimensions and how to measure videos in the Size Guide
Please bear in mind, these items are hand-crafted from pliable materials and the tapered end of the cushion is more variable than the wide end; these estimates are only approximate.
Do you sell cushions with gripper pads?
If you're worried about your cushions moving around we have a better solution for you!
Although your cushions with ties shouldn't move around much once they are securely tied on, if you like gripper style cushions you can get all of the advantages of a gripper with none of the disadvantages by placing a piece of gripper shelf liner, or a silicone trivet under your Barnett cushions.
What are the disadvantages of gripper cushions?
Gripper pad cushions aren't reversible, most of them aren't machine washable, and all of them eventually lose their grip. Cushions with ties are more secure than grippers, and if you place a piece of gripper shelf liner or a silicone trivet under them, they will have the same gripping properties as a gripper cushion.
What should I do before I try gripper shelf liner or a silicone trivet?
If you purchase dining chair pads you can tie the pad to the rungs or supports of the backrest, or to the legs of the chair, whichever method works best for your chair size and style. If you purchase rocking chair cushions, be sure to untie the cushions from each other when they arrive; tie each piece onto the rocker instead. If you purchase bar stool covers be sure the drawstring is fully tightened, and stays tight as you tie a bow or a knot.
What is gripper shelf liner and where can I find it?
If your cushion is still moving around more than you like, cut a square of gripper shelf liner and place it under the cushion. This will have the same effect as a gripper cushion but now you will have the benefit of a reversible, machine washable cushion and you can hand-wash or replace the gripper with a new sheet when it loses its effectiveness.
What is a silicone trivet and where can I find it?
If your cushion is still moving around more than you like, place a non-slip silicone trivet under the cushion. A trivet is intended to go under a hot pot or pan in the kitchen, but this will have the same effect as a gripper cushion, and you can wash the trivet in the dishwasher if it begins to lose effectiveness.
Do you sell cushions that aren't tufted?
We manufacturer "flat" pads exclusively for Vermont Country Store. This style of cushion is not tufted and is approximately 1"-1.5" thick, instead of our usual 2.5" thick.
Our flat pads are not filled with latex foam; they are filled with a sheet of polyurethane foam.
Polyurethane cushions are spot clean only, they are not machine washable.
Do you sell bench pads or bench cushions?
We manufacturer bench cushions exclusively for our dealers Vermont Country Store and Sturbridge Yankee Workshop.
We're sorry, if our dealers do not carry the size you are looking for, we are unable to make bench cushions in custom sizes. If you would like to purchase fabric to match your dining chair cushions or rocker cushions and hire a local upholsterer to make bench cushions in your size, we can sell fabric by the yard. Please contact Customer Service for fabric information and pricing.
Do you use flame retardant chemicals or fire retardant sprays?
We do not use flame retardant chemicals in our products; we do not use fire retardant sprays on our products.
Do not expose items to open flame or smoldering heat such as lit cigarettes.
Do you use all natural latex?
Our latex foam is a blend of natural and synthetic latex sourced from a US supplier. We do not use memory foam in our products.
Latex foam makes a superior fill for cushions because it lasts longer than other foams, it discourages dust mites, it is machine washable (unlike polyester fiber fill) and it will never go flat (unlike polyester fiber fill).
All of our products are made in a facility where latex foam is processed. If someone in your family is allergic to latex you should not purchase any products from us.
Are your products treated with any stain-resistant or water-resistant treatments?
We do not treat our products with any stain-resistant or water-resistant chemicals. Some of our fabric suppliers treat their fabric with a product similar to Scotchguard before they ship the fabric to us.
If you wish to avoid exposure to products that have been treated for stain-resistance you can:
- contact customer service for help selecting an item made with fabric from a supplier who does not use stain-resistant treatment on the fabric
- select one of our many machine washable items & wash the item with a gentle detergent such as Woolite to remove the treatment before use
Our indoor/outdoor items are made from spun-polyester which naturally sheds water due to the shape of the fibers, and is fade-resistant, stain-resistant and mildew-resistant without use of chemical treatments. We do not feel it is not necessary to apply a treatment such as Scotchguard to our indoor/outdoor items.
You can apply a stain-resistant treatment such as Scotchgaurd to your items at home if desired. After washing the item with detergent it will be necessary to re-apply the treatment.
We recommend testing the treatment on a fabric swatch first to be sure it does not affect the appearance of the fabric.Request a fabric swatch
What are the Care Instructions? How do I wash Barnett brand cushions?
Most of our items are machine washable, but please check the care label on the product or on the Specifications tab of the product page to confirm that your item is machine washable before washing. Click the Care Instructions button below for detailed care instructions on how to wash or clean each of our product styles.View Care Instructions for each item type
Where can I find information about the fabric content? How do I know if it is 100% Cotton (etc)?
The fabric content is listed on each product page on the Specifications tab, or on the product label sewn into the product.
How do I know if the item is safe to use outdoors?
If the item is safe to use outdoors, "indoor/outdoor" will be listed on the Specifications tab on the product page, or on the care label sewn into the product.Try Smart Search "Use" filter setting "Indoor/Outdoor Only" to shop for items that are safe to use outdoors
- How do I request fabric swatches?
- How do I measure my furniture & select a size?
- What's the difference between tolerances and manufacturer's defects?
- What do I need to know about latex foam and allergies?
- How do I receive a sample cushion or paper sizing template?
- What does it mean when the add to cart button says "Special Order"?
- What is Route shipping insurance? Do I need it?
- Do I need to be home to receive my order?
- What is your returns policy?
- Should I join the Rewards Program before purchasing?
- What does Gift Instantly mean? How do I purchase Gift Cards?
- Are there any stores near me that carry Barnett Home Decor?
- I bought one of your products from a mail order catalog, but I can't find it on your website.
- Do you ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, APO, US Territories, or other countries?
- Is the item I found for sale on another website the same as the one sold here?
- Where can I find a list of the product types & styles Barnett makes?
- You don't carry the size I need, can I place an order for a custom-made item?
- How do I order Fabric By The Yard?
- How do I find products Made in USA with only American-made fabric & materials?
- How do I purchase Gift Cards?