Operational Status & Customer Service Inquiries
- STATUS - The State of Georgia has lifted its shelter in place order for persons who are not in medically vulnerable groups. Barnett Home Decor is open for regular operations.
- SWATCH REQUESTS - Orders for fabric swatches are processed within 2 business days, then mailed by first class mail. We are receiving reports that first class mail is taking 7-14 days for delivery in some regions.
Order Processing & Shipping Status
- IN STOCK - Items that are in-stock will display an "Add To Cart" button (instead of a "Special Order" or "Sold Out" or "Search" button). These items may take 3-9 days to arrive by USPS Priority Mail or 6-14 days to arrive by UPS Ground.
- SPECIAL ORDER - Items that are out of stock may display a "Special Order" button if we expect more to be ready soon or if we are offering to make the items and ship when ready. These orders may take 2-6+ weeks in some cases.
- OUT OF STOCK - If fabric delivery dates are distant or uncertain, the item will display an out-of-stock message. These items will be back in stock, but we cannot provide a specific back-in-stock date estimate. If you are willing to wait 6-8+ weeks, you can contact Customer Service to inquire about the possibility of placing a back-order to ship when ready.
- DISCONTINUED - If you see a message that the item has been discontinued it means the fabric supplier cannot provide the fabric to us and the item will never be back in stock.
- SHIPPING - If you select USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground shipment method, your order will be shipped by that method after we have fulfilled the order within the above time frames. Paying for a specific shipment method is not paying for expedited order fulfillment and estimated delivery dates are not guaranteed. USPS and UPS are reporting that shipments are taking longer than usual to arrive, please track your shipment to see when to expect delivery. Tracking numbers will be emailed to you when your order ships so you can see the progress the shipping carrier is making with your order.
- SHIPPING INSURANCE - Due to reported increases in carrier loss and porch piracy, and delays in carrier claims processing, Route Shipping Protection is recommended on all orders except fabric swatch orders.
Why is it taking longer for orders to arrive?
- Barnett has diverted part of our usual home decor production to produce cloth masks and gowns for hospitals.
- We have order volume and inquiry volume more than double our usual volume.
- Not all of our employees are able to work, due to school closures or self-isolation orders from their doctor.
- There appears to be a limited pool of job seekers to fill new hire and temporary worker needs at this time.
- Many of our fabric suppliers sold or donated all or most of their inventory to make masks and gowns. Our fabric suppliers are also dealing with lower staffing levels, supply chain disruptions, and longer shipping times.
- Shipping carriers are reporting delays in deliveries due to increased shipping volume and limited staffing levels.
If you represent a hospital, state government, or similar organization or agency, and would like to accept Barnett's offer to cut and sew surgical masks or gowns, please use our contact form to provide your contact information.
Barnett is committed to satisfying these 20 Operational Safety guidelines from the Governor of Georgia:
- Screening and evaluating workers who exhibit signs of illness, such as a fever over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, cough, or shortness of breath;
- Requiring workers who exhibit signs of illness to not report to work or to seek medical attention;
- Enhancing sanitation of the workplace as appropriate;
- Requiring hand washing or sanitation by workers at appropriate places within the business location;
- Providing personal protective equipment as available and appropriate to the function and location of the worker within the business location;
- Prohibiting gatherings of workers during working hours;
- Permitting workers to take breaks and meals outside, in their office or personal workspace, or in such other areas where proper social distancing is attainable;
- Implementing teleworking for all possible workers;
- Implementing staggered shifts for all possible workers;
- Holding all meetings and conferences virtually, wherever possible;
- Delivering intangible services remotely wherever possible;
- Discouraging workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment;
- Prohibiting handshaking and other unnecessary person-to-person contact in the workplace;
- Placing notices that encourage hand hygiene at the entrance to the workplace and in other workplace areas where they are likely to be seen;
- Suspending the use of Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) pads, PIN entry devices, electronic signature capture, and any other credit card receipt signature requirements to the extent such suspension is permitted by agreements with credit card companies and credit agencies;
- Enforcing social distancing of non-cohabitating persons while present on such entity’s leased or owned property;
- For retailers and service providers, providing for alternative points of sale outside of buildings, including curbside pick-up or delivery of products and/or services if an alternative point of sale is permitted under Georgia law;
- Increasing physical space between workers and customers;
- Providing disinfectant and sanitation products for workers to clean their workspace, equipment, and tools;
- Increasing physical space between workers’ worksites to at least six (6) feet.