Returns & Refunds Policy
RETURNS & REFUNDS POLICY
READ ME BEFORE YOU ORDER
ON THIS PAGE
- Standard Returns Policy
- Manufacturer's Defects Policy
- Order Fulfillment Errors Policy
- Shipping Claims
- Non-Returnable Purchases
Standard Returns Policy
We are proud of our products and want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are not satisfied for any reason with your purchase you may return it to us subject to the standard returns policy. Here is a summary of the standard returns policy, more information about each summarized section continues below.
- Return items must be in new condition, with tags attached
- Returns must be received within 30 days of order delivery date
- Returns must be pre-authorized, and your return authorization must be enclosed with your return shipment
- Shipping is non-refundable for standard returns.
- See our Exchange Policy for exceptions relating to qualified exchanges.
- See Order Fulfillment Errors for exceptions if you believe we sent the wrong item or made a mistake fulfilling your order.
- See Manufacturers Defect for exceptions if you believe we sent a defective or flawed product.
- The Buyer pays return shipping and should insure the return package
RETURN ITEMS MUST BE IN NEW CONDITION
Due to State and Federal regulations requiring labeling and sanitation, as a manufacturer, we cannot accept returns of used items. Any items returned with evidence of use will be considered to be in used condition. Evidence of use includes, but is not limited to: REMOVAL OF TAGS; stains; fading or discoloration; soiling with food particles, dirt or pet hair; strong household odors such as potpourri fragrance, pet odors or smoke.
- Items returned in used condition, which includes items with TAGS REMOVED, will be recycled or donated to charity; No refund will be issued for these items.
- If your items aren't eligible for return, you can sell the item on Amazon.com, Ebay, or other marketplaces, and you don't have to pay return shipping because the buyer pays for shipping.
RETURNS MUST BE PRE-AUTHORIZED
Returns must be pre-authorized. Please use the return authorization request form to request a return authorization.
Your return authorization must be enclosed with your shipment; please print the return authorization portion of your return authorization email or write your return authorization number on your packing slip and enclose your packing slip with your return shipment.
- Returns received without an authorization number will result in delayed processing and may be charged a 20% restocking fee if they are eligible for a refund. If you do not enclose sufficient information to identify your order we may be unable to issue a refund.
- Do not refuse delivery of items you wish to return; items returned by the shipping carrier as “refused delivery” or “return to sender” will have a 20% restocking fee and/or all shipping charges (original and return) deducted from any refund issued.
- If you cannot include your return authorization or packing slip, please include a letter stating the following information: your return authorization number, your name and shipping address, a description of the items you are returning, the quantity you are returning and, briefly, the reason for your return. If you can include the item number and order date this would be helpful.
SHIPPING IS NON-REFUNDABLE FOR STANDARD RETURNS
Original shipping costs are non-refundable unless we are able to confirm that we made a mistake fulfilling your order, or are able to confirm that we sent a defective item. If you believe we made a mistake fulfilling your order, or sent a defective product, please see the Order Fulfillment Error or Manufacturers Defect sections below.
- We try to do everything we can to help our customers order a product they will be pleased with so they don't have to pay return shipping; please see our "Before You Order" article for information and offers intended to help our customers order an item they will be satisfied with.
THE BUYER PAYS RETURN SHIPPING
Shipping and handling charges for return shipments are paid by the buyer and are non-refundable for standard returns. We suggest that you use the same shipping method and shipping carrier that we used to ship your order to avoid paying return shipping higher than original shipping, but you may use the shipping carrier most convenient for you.
- We will be unable to issue a refund for return shipments lost or damaged by the shipping carrier; please insure your package and use a return shipping method with a tracking number.
- If you have a disability or special circumstances that make it difficult for you to arrange return shipment, we can send a pre-paid return label and make arrangements for pick-up, but please note, in that case the return shipping and pick-up charges will be deducted from your refund.
RETURNS MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF ORDER DELIVERY DATE
Returns items must be received by us within 30 days of the original order delivery date. The original order delivery date can be determined by tracking the package to see which day it arrived at your shipping address. If special circumstances would prevent you from returning the package in time, please contact Customer Service to see if an extension can be granted.
- 30 days after order delivery date is the date you must have the items back to us, not the date you must request authorization to return.
OUT OF POLICY RETURNS
If your return authorization request or return is received more than 30 days after order delivery it will be reviewed on a case by case basis; we do not guarantee that your return would be authorized or that your return would be eligible for a refund (full or partial).
- We do NOT accept Out of Policy returns of items that have been out of the box.
- We do NOT accept Out of Policy returns of items that have odors, fading, soiling, or tags removed. Items must be in NEW condition.
- We do NOT accept Out of Policy returns of Clearance items.
- We do NOT accept Out of Policy returns of discontinued items.
- For items in NEW condition, in ORIGINAL PACKAGING, that have NEVER BEEN OUT OF THE BOX, please contact Customer Service to see if your order can be authorized for an Out of Policy return. Please do not return an item after 30 days without special authorization.
- If a refund is approved for an Out of Policy return it will be issued in the form of store credit or a gift card. We do not refund Out of Policy returns to your credit card or debit card. Out of Policy returns received more than 15 days past the policy expiration may be subject to a restocking fee of 20%-80%, if authorized.
- If your items aren't eligible for return, you can sell the item on Amazon.com, Ebay, or other marketplaces, and you don't have to pay return shipping because the buyer pays for shipping.
- If you return an Out of Policy item that is not eligible for a refund (used condition, clearance, discontinued, etc) you will not receive a refund and the item will not be returned to you. The item will be donated to a local charity, recycled, or destroyed.
Manufacturer's Defect Policy
We work hard to ensure that every product lives up to our founder's old fashioned standards of quality. If we have sent you a defective product, we hope you will give us the opportunity to learn from our mistakes, and let us make it right with a full refund, or no-cost repair or replacement.
If you believe that you have received an item with a manufacturer's defect, please complete our Manufacturer's Defect claim form. Please inspect your order as soon as it arrives and report any apparent Manufacturer's Defect within 14 days of receipt. If the manufacturer's defect is not apparent at delivery please explain how and when the problem was made known.
In most cases, it will be necessary for us to receive the item for inspection before a defect can be confirmed. If a defect is confirmed you will promptly receive your choice of a replacement at no additional shipping cost; or a full refund. If the return item is not defective you will receive a refund of the purchase price less shipping, and return shipping will either be non-refundable, or deductible.
WHAT IS NOT A MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT?
Characteristics which are not considered defects are either due to the natural characteristics of the materials; due tolerances (the characteristic variances of goods which are not mass-produced by machine); or are due to circumstances which are within the control of the buyer, but beyond the control of the manufacturer.
Size labels such as Standard and Extra-Large are provided for general reference, but are not to be solely relied upon for size selection. All items are sold according to the listed approximate dimensions. Items are hand-crafted from pliable materials, all dimensions listed are approximate and silhouettes may vary slightly. The tolerance for chair pads and small items is +/- 1 inch, the tolerance for rocking chair cushions and large items is +/- 2 inches. Dimensions are measured at the widest points.
Cushions are filled with shredded latex foam fill and will be compressed by as much as several inches for shipping. This is not permanent, and is not a defect. Cushions will reach full size after a break-in period with regular use. The easiest and most effective way to break-in the cushions is to begin sitting on them. If you do not wish to sit on the cushions, it is possible to speed the process along manually. Begin by tugging the corners outwards to release the foam from the box-shape, then pat or massage the cushion to distribute and fluff the foam.
- If the return item matches the listed approximate dimensions within stated tolerance, the Standard Returns Policy would be applied instead of the Manufacturers Defect Policy.
PATTERN PLACEMENT VARIES
Normal pattern placement varies for all of our items. This means that the decorative elements in a printed or dyed fabric may appear in a different place on your item, than on the item seen in the product listing or promotional images, and pattern placement may vary among items in a set. If your item is made from a fabric with several decorative elements on it, all individual elements may not appear on every item.
Some patterns, including most floral and botanical patterns, are non-directional and may vary in orientation. If the fabric design includes normally directional decorative elements in multiple orientations, then the design is also considered non-directional.
- If you were dissatisfied with pattern placement, the Standard Returns Policy would be apply instead of the Manufacturers Defect Policy, unless a DIRECTIONAL decorative element, such as a bear standing in the forest, appears upside down or sideways.
COLOR APPEARANCE & FABRIC TEXTURE
We take great pains to make our photos as accurate as possible by controlling the lighting temperature during the photo shoot and by editing on calibrated monitors with advanced color display technology. But unfortunately, the size, brand, condition, resolution and settings of a customer's monitor or display device can cause product color or texture to appear different than expected. Color will also appear different under various lighting conditions or in relation to surrounding colors in the customer's home. These factors are dependent on the buyer, and are beyond the control of the manufacturer.
People also have different perceptions and opinions about fabric textures, color values, and color hues, and use different words to describe them.
Product descriptions which attempt to describe a specific color value or hue, or fabric texture are subject to interpretation and are not to be solely relied upon if customer desires a specific color value, hue or texture. Product images are subject to customer's viewing environment are are not to be solely relied upon if customer desires a specific color value, hue, or texture. All items are sold according to the general color family (red, blue, green, etc) and fabric type (microsuede, cotton duck, etc); products are only warranted to be made from the same fabric color and texture as the fabric swatches available to customers upon request; colors and textures are not otherwise guaranteed to meet customer's expectations.
- Customer's who would like to return their order because color appearance or fabric texture was not as expected may request a return under the Standard Returns Policy.
Our fabric suppliers strive to ensure that yarns or cloth from different batches will be similar to a large degree, but it is not possible to guarantee that all batches will be identical. These batches are known as dye lots. Multiple quantities of an item will be filled from the same dye lot if they are purchased at the same time; dye lots are not guaranteed to be the same for items purchased at different times.
Indoor/Outdoor fabrics are rated to resist fading for up to 500, 1000, or 1200 hours of direct sunlight, respective to the specific fabric; items made from these fabrics are clearly labeled. Indoor/Outdoor items may fade if exposed to more hours of direct sunlight than the fabric is rated to resist, or if exposed to improper cleaning solutions. All other fabrics can be expected to fade if exposed to direct sunlight or improperly cleaned.
Indoor/Outdoor items are mildew resistant, but may mildew if not allowed to dry before storing. All other items should be kept away from rain and damp conditions to prevent mildew.
Indoor/Outdoor items are stain resistant, but may stain if not cleaned promptly or if exposed to a substance that stains instantly. It should be assumed that all others items are not stain resistant.
Latex foam may degrade or lose loft if dried in the clothes dryer or exposed to strong dry heat such as desert conditions. (Latex foam loves warm moist tropical conditions and is perfectly happy in normal temperate conditions.)
Fading, shrinking, loss of loft, or damage may occur if other Care Instructions are not observed.
- Failure to read and follow care instructions does not constitute a manufacturer's defect.
- Please see our complete Care Instructions for more information about proper care and cleaning of your items.
Latex foam cushions, especially new ones, may have a slight odor. The vast majority of individuals are either unable to detect an odor, or find it to be mild and unoffensive, or actually find it to be pleasant, describing the fragrance as "sweet" or "vanilla". Allowing the cushions to air out, or washing them, will remove the odor to the satisfaction of most consumers. Rare individuals (fewer than 0.001%) seem to be hyper-sensitive to the smell. The natural odor of latex is a normal characteristic of the product.
The vast majority of our customers find our cushions to be very comfortable, but preference for firmness or softness is a matter of taste. Samples are available for the price of shipping and handling if you would like to try a cushion before purchasing a set. You may return a cushion if you don't find it comfortable, but this would not be considered a manufacturer's defect unless we find that the item was overfilled or a flawed (hard) piece of foam was included.
Some individuals (less than 1% of the general population) are allergic to latex. Because latex is used in medical exam gloves, baby bottle nipples, prophylactics and 20 other common products, most individuals in the US have already encountered latex products and are already aware if they display symptoms of the allergy. All of our products are made in a facility where latex foam is processed and therefore it is not safe for a person with known latex allergies in the household to purchase any of our products. If you have never had significant contact with any of the 22 commonly used latex products on the list and therefore do not know if you have a latex allergy, you may contact customer service for a 0.5 ounce sample of our foam.
- Customer's who are dissatisfied with the smell or firmness of latex foam, or who are allergic, may request a return under the Standard Returns Policy.
ORDER FULFILLMENT ERRORS
We work so hard to ensure your order is packaged carefully and correctly, it would be so embarrassing if we shipped you the wrong item. If we've made a mistake fulfilling your order, we hope you can forgive us.
If you believe that you have received the wrong item(s), please complete our Order Fulfillment Error claim form. Please inspect your order as soon as it arrives and report any apparent Order Fulfillment Errors within 14 days of receipt.
In some cases, it will be necessary for us to receive the item for inspection before the error can be confirmed. If the error is confirmed you will promptly receive your choice of a replacement at no additional shipping cost; or a full refund. If the reason for return has been misrepresented, you will receive a refund of the purchase price less shipping, and return shipping will either be non-refundable, or deductible.
- To prevent misunderstandings, please read the What Is Not A Manufacturer's Defect section, these same issues are sometimes mistaken as an Order Fulfillment Error but are typically covered under the Standard Returns Policy.
ORDERS INSURED BY ROUTE SHIPPING INSURANCE
If you purchased Route shipping insurance at checkout, the following shipping incidents are covered by an insurance policy underwritten by Lloyds:
- The shipment is stolen from your porch or property before you receive it (porch piracy)
- The entire shipment is lost by the shipping carrier
- One or more items or accessories is missing from the shipment due to theft or mishandling by the carrier
- The contents of the shipment are damaged or soiled
Your Route claim link is emailed to you at purchase. Clicking the claim link instantly fills your claim form. Route responds to your claim within 24 hours. If you can't find your claim link email, or need assistance, our Customer Service department will be happy to help you.
ORDERS INSURED BY USPS OR UPS
If the shipping carrier has lost, damaged or otherwise mis-handled your order, we apologize on their behalf. If you did not purchase Route shipping insurance at checkout we will need your assistance and cooperation to file a shipping loss or damage claim against the carrier before we can issue your replacement or refund. Please keep the shipping box in the same condition as it arrived and make it available if the shipping carrier's investigator needs to see it. You may be required to provide photos of the box and/or contents. Shipping incidents covered under the carrier's insurance may require several days for investigation, processing or settlement.Report a Shipping Claim (Not Insured by Route)
- Theft or damage to items that have been left unattended on your property are not covered by UPS or USPS shipping loss & damage claims. We're sorry, we do not issue refunds for items stolen from your property if you did not purchase Route Shipping Insurance.
- If you made your purchase with a credit card, your credit card agreement may include a protection plan for stolen packages (this is not the same as a chargeback). Your credit card company or homeowners policy may require that you file a police report, which is recommended anyway if the shipping carrier's investigation confirms that the item was delivered.
As an American manufacturer who does not use automation or outsourced labor, we do not have enough margin (profit) on our products to be able to afford to offer "free" exchanges indiscriminately. Our business would operate at a loss if we routinely refunded original shipping, and we would not be able to pay our employees wages or our utilities. Indeed, it is very likely that we will only "break even" or will take a loss on the sale if the customer receives a refund of original shipping. However, because we sincerely want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase, we intend to make concessions in limited cases. We will refund original shipping plus purchase price, as store credit, in the following cases:
- The customer requested fabric swatches, measured their seat, and provided measurements on the swatch request (effective 2/4/2019)
- If the customer was unsure if they would like latex foam cushions, the customer purchased a Try It Before You Buy It sample cushion.
- If the customer was unsure about the fit of rocking chair back cushion, the customer purchased a paper fitting template (Try It Before You Buy It).
The following cases are excluded and will not receive a refund of original shipping:
- The item purchased was a window treatment, table linen, or pillow
- The purchases was made before 2/9/2019
- The item was purchased from the Clearance Department
- The item purchased was not included in the selection of fabric swatches received
- The exchange item was received in used condition, or with tags removed
- The exchange item was not received within 30 days of order delivery
Limit one exchange per 45 day period. If this policy results in an increase in casual returns, or is being abused, or becomes a financial burden, it may be cancelled without advance notice.
- If you are purchasing a gift please STOP and read our Gift Program and Gift Cards page. Our Gift Program allows the gift recipient to see what you bought for them, and choose to receive the gift, or exchange it for a smaller size or different color, or convert the order to a gift card.
- If your order does not qualify for an Exchange you may return the order under the Standard Returns Policy.
Certain Items, including fabric by the yard and bargain bin items, are labeled Non-Returnable. These Non-Returnable items are not subject to our standard returns policy. They cannot be returned for any reason. These items are inspected for defects before they ship, and any slight irregularities are described and sold "as is". Some Bargain Bin items are advertised as being randomly selected, you will not be able to choose which pattern or color you receive if your are purchasing an "assorted" item. If you return a non-returnable item, the item will be destroyed or donated to a charitable organization, you will not receive a refund of any charges and the item will not be returned to you.
We strive to issue refunds within 48 business hours of receiving and inspecting your return. Refunds are issued to the same payment method (credit/ debit card or PayPal) used to make the purchase (except Out of Policy returns). Your bank may require several additional days to post the refund before it appears on your statement.
MANUFACTURER'S DEFECTS & ORDER FULFILLMENT ERRORS
Upon confirmation that we were responsible for an error or flaw through a return inspection (or in limited circumstances through a photo), the customer may choose to receive either a refund to the same payment method, or a replacement with free shipping on the replacement.
SHIPMENTS INSURED BY ROUTE
If the customer purchases Route shipping insurance at checkout, the customer's claim will be paid directly to the customer. If the customer wishes to receive a replacement, Route will order a replacement from Barnett for the customer.
SHIPMENTS INSURED BY UPS OR USPS
If the customer did not purchase Route shipping insurance at checkout, Barnett will initiate an investigation or claim with the shipping carrier, on behalf of the customer. We will require the customer's cooperation with any carrier investigation, which may take several days. If the investigation concludes that the package was lost or damaged by the carrier, Barnett will issue a refund as store credit, or a replacement.
Refunds for exchanges will be issued in the form of store credit / gift card.
Refunds for returns of items purchased from the Clearance department will be issued in the form of store credit / gift card.
No refund will be issued for return of items marked "non-returnable".